Unveiled at the NBA All Star Game, Nike showcased its first ever Kobe Bryant sneaker. 



The Nike Zoom Kobe I is actually a natural progression from the Air Huarache and Nike 2K4s. The Zoom Kboe I is a lightweight show designed for guards and slashers who want durabilty and flexibility. 
 
The shoe seems to be a hit, although I did expect Nike to do a larger campaign and really highlight the campaign with a big launch. But - just as the shoe is nondiscript and a progression from the 2K4 - the Zoom Kobe I is appealing in its simplicity. 
 
Likewise, the Zoom Kobe I is splendidly comfortable and has a great feel about it. Also of note - the Zoom Kobe provides great grip and traction - particularly important for outdoor wear or poorly kept (ie dusty) indoor courts.

Nike Zoom Kobe I Features
  • Rich, full grain leather upper in accordance with the shape of the foot.
  • The collar and breathable ankle pads offer support and comfort.
  • Seamless internalized fit sleeve; carbon fiber heel bucket for lateral stability.
  • Lightweight Phylon midsole with midfoot flex grooves for flexibility.
  • Full-length exposed carbon fiber spring plate for multidirectional propulsion.
  • Regional responsive Zoom Air unit in the heel and forefoot for cushioning where it counts.
  • Durable and lightweight solid rubber outsole with maximum traction herringbone pattern. "
 Nike Zoom Kobe I Red Black List

Nike Zoom Kobe I Blue White List

 
Top